Application & Admission
'Urban Transformation' is a one-year, English-taught master's program (60 CP). It starts each summer as well as winter semester. In order to be accepted at our Department you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Completion of or enrollment in a Bachelor's program in spatial planning, urban planning or other related disciplines
- Restricted admission based on the final grade
- A high standard of proficiency in written and spoken English:
- TOEFL - 550 points paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based. Please have your TOEFL certificate sent to the institutional code 8523.
- IELTS - 6.0
- A diploma from an English-speaking department or an English-speaking course of study.
Who can apply?
Urban Transformation has a restricted number of places, meant for students with a vivid interest in the field of planning, governance studies and urban economics. The expected enrollment to the program will be a mix of students with a four years bachelor degree from Department of Spatial Planning, who wish to gain a more international perspective, and international students, who wish to specialize in the field of planning, governance and economic transformation.
We encourage all of our international students to take part in German-language courses at TU Dortmund University. They are available for all registered students.
TU Dortmund University is a public institution. The tuition fees for one semester are around EUR 314.87 (subject to change) and includes a public transport ticket for North-Rhine Westphalia. Students can find go through the pdf for the fees breakdown.
The semester fee can change from one term to the other. However, students will be notified by the Administration of the semester fees at the start of every semester.
You can apply online on the department's website. Just click on the button down below this section.
All the neccessary information on the subject of "Application" have been summarized at the International Office